Saturday, September 13, 2008

What a night

OK just a quick note. Last night we took the three little kids to Robyns house, she was nice enough to watch them while we went to Corbins football game. I was so needing a night off, and looking so forward to the break. Well after the game, about 10pm, we pick the kids up. She tells me that Brock has been coughing hard since about 8:30. I think OK well he has been coughing for a few days its probably his asthma kicking up. So I call Debbie and borrow her nebulizer. Why you might ask do I have to borrow hers. Well we're (the Doctor and I) are fighting over if he has asthma or not. Anyway, was really tight and as we were driving home I told Mike we should take him in to the ER so that we have documentation that he was coughing so bad. Since this seems to always happen when we cant go to the Dr., like at night. So we drop off Kenzie and a sleeping Hunter and off to the ER we go. when we get there its packed with people, being high school football night I guess that's how it is. I fill out the papers and think we are going to have to wait, well we didn't it was so nice. We get in the room and the Dr. comes in fairly quickly. As a side note, I worked at American Fork Hospital year ago. We did a lot of draws in the ER so I got to see a lot of the Dr.s at work. There was this one particular Dr. that I did not like at all. He had really bad bedside manners, almost rude and put off that you were there. So yes you guessed it he was on, ugh. Anyway come to find out Brock wasn't having an asthma attack but has...........drum roll please...............CROUP!
Just what I need with a new baby in the house. So, they gave Brock some kind of breathing treatment and a steroid. Well the treatment required that we had to wait 3 hours. I was given to him at approx. 12 am. So I am thinking OK we will be done by 3 and I can go home feed the baby and go to sleep. So the wait is on...... Just as the nurse comes in and tells us we can go Brock has a really bad attack again. So yep...........another treatment and another 3 hours. Luckily Brock is little and I could sleep with him in his bed. At this point the nurse suggest that one of us go home and get some sleep. So I sent Mike home and unfortunately had to keep the baby. Only unfortunate because hospitals are the worst place for them to be if they don't need to be there. But when I am the only one that can feed it what has to be done, and I HAD to feed her.
So now we are home and if he happens to sound as bad as he did last night we are to bring him right back in...........which will mean an admit................did I mention I hate the change of weather. Maybe we better really think about moving to a more even climate.

1 comment:

Natasha said...

gavin had croup just last week! I hate it! Sorry your night was so rough!!!