Saturday, September 13, 2008

Kids!?!?!?!?

OK really quick, Brock is so much better tonight. He still is coughing but its not the tight bark cough of last night so no ER!!! Yeah!! On to another little observation. I thought tonight I would check my email and catch up on blogs. All the kids I thought were in bed. Well as I was sitting here, Hunter comes walking in. He wants to sleep in my bed. Now I have no problem with my kids falling asleep in my bed and then moving them. Yes I can still carry them, all but Kenzie of course. Anyway, he comes in and says he wants to watch a movie. So I tell him to get his pillow, and lay down and mommy will put it in in just a minute. Now remember just minutes ago he was running around the house and saying I'm not tired. I have been sitting here for 5 minutes and , thinking he is going to start getting mad that his movie isn't in, I look at him. No lie he is fast asleep!!!!! He does this a lot one minute he is talking the next he is asleep!!

Why is it we don't fall asleep that fast?

I wanted everyone to also know that Robyn, my sister, fixed my baby. I don't know how , but she did something. Kilee has been really giving me a lot of grief the last couple of days. Thursday night I actually had to go sit on the front porch while she screamed. Well Robyn watched her last night, and today she was an angel. This morning she was all smiles, coos, and kicking. I didn't even have to be holding her and she was happy. She ate really well then went to sleep and slept for 2 hours. She hasn't slept that long in the day for a few weeks. Then she woke up and actually ate for longer then 6 min. Which she normally does. After she ate this second time she played a little with Aunt Tammy then off to sleep she went. It was about 3:30-3:45 at this time. She slept until I woke her up at 8:30. It was so nice, scary but nice. I kept having to check on her to make sure she was alive. I had enough time to make some bread, and cinnamon rolls. Which are so good and easy to make but that's a whole other blog. Natasha and Kristen you both would love this stuff.
OK so I will tell you on this blog because I love it so much. My ward had an enrichment night that they invited the people for a company called Pantry Secrets. They basically have a recipe and some products that help you make dough. With this dough you can make just about anything loafs of bread, cinnamon rolls, bread sticks, and pizza to name a few. The joy of it is it only take 1 hour, from start to finish, to make dough for 4 loaves of bread. I didn't believe my friend who told me about it, but tried it today and its true. The other joy of this dough is it is easy to freeze. Jess (my friend) makes up few batches one day and then freezes it and has it when she needs it. It was so cool the dough was actually rising as I was getting it in the pans. The only down fall is you have to use a mixer of some kind. Either a Bosch or a kitchen aid mixer that will kneed the dough for you. I borrowed my sister Robyn's and I figure if it freezes so good why not take a day and make up a few batches.
They have a web site so if any one is interested just let me know and I will get you the info. Tomorrow before we eat all the bread and rolls I will take a picture and post it so you can see how well it is. I just wish you could see how fluffy and soft the bread is. It makes Rhodes dough taste like dust!

8 comments:

goldmania said...

Dang, sory to hear about the cough stuff. Hope you all don't get sick. But good news about your baby. Just remember it you won't be exhausted like this forever. She's almost the age to sleep ALL NIGHT and quit being so new to life and all the "trials" of babyhood. :) You'll just have to put up your recipe and give instructions so I can't mess it up.

Tammy said...

Thanks for letting me hang out and watch you make bread. If I weren't so lazy that is my kind of recipe. Although I don't have a kitchen-aid mixer but hey it would be a good reason to get one. It was very good much better than any I have had. I'm thinking you get to make the rolls for Thanksgiving and Christmas.JK

Heidi said...

I alredy do Tammy. I just use a different recipe.

Lori Huntsman said...

Hey, sorry about the sickness. Glad to hear everybody is doing better. I want a copy of the recipe, pppplllleeeaaasssseee! It gives me an idea for Christmas. Hmm. Thanks for the book ideas. I'll check her blog now. I'm really thinking about coming up on my next block of long days off. I miss you guys. Tell everybody hi. Lori

Just us said...

I am glad that Brock is feeling better! I am also glad to hear that your broken baby is fixed!! lol

Tammy said...

Okay I guess it has been awile since I had Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner with you. I also wanted to say thanks for sharing your illness with me. I am taking a count of how many people I can share it with. I just have to vent about cough drops for a second they work wonderfully but can't the drug companies come up with a cough drop that works good and tastes good. I hate the taste and it doesn't go away. okay I am done. Thanks for letting me use your blog site to vent.

Heidi said...

Anytime Tam. FYI i like the taste of cough drops as long as its the Halls brand and cherry!!!!

Brown Family said...

Glad that your kids are feeling better. That fast bread dough sounds like a miracle. Will you share the recipe?