Sunday, September 21, 2008

taking a poll..........

OK so i am going to take a poll. First I must tell you that I am going off the pretense that you are all adult that are reading this. As it might get a little graphic .

I will first tell you the store for which the poll is needed. As you all are aware I had a baby on July 24, 2008. After I had given birth I was unable to deliver the placenta. Why I am not sure, the Dr. waited then decided that he needed to "go in after it." He did this by pulling the cord until the placenta came out. Well he then put his hand inside to make sure he got it all. Well at this time he tells me "your bleeding a lot and I can't tell for sure that we got it all, so hopefully we did." Well on I go with my recovery. I had an appointment with my "regular" OB at 5 weeks post partum. I told him at this time that I was still having some lite bleeding. He tells me its OK and not to worry about it. I tell him what the other Dr. had said about "maybe getting it all" and could it be that they didn't get it. He tells me that he most likely did get it all, and not to worry about it. So on Sept. 3 I had surgery to "tie my tubes." For this surgery they had to put me to sleep. Everything went fine, except I had a hard time coming out of anesthesia. I did however have some really bad cramping.
Well After surgery I had a 2 week post op appointment. I have yet to stop bleeding, and now its (oh how to say this) Not smelling very pretty. So I once again mention it to my Dr., he decides that maybe I should have an ultra sound, just to make sure all is good "as I'M sure it will be" he says.
So this last Thursday I had the ultra sound. It was scheduled for 11:30 and I was to see the Dr. right after. Well the girl that scheduled my appointment. didn't notice that the Dr. was out until 1:00pm. So the wait was on. Finally at 1:45 I see the Dr., low and behold....I have a golf ball sized mass in my uterus. Yep the Dr. left me a present. So now I have to go in (at 6AM mind you) and once again be put under and have it removed!!!!
So here is the question........................How many of you would be talking to a lawyer? I have told several people in my neighborhood the story and they all said they would be getting legal advise. Mike of course thinks I should. I however think mistakes happen. I didn't have all the bad things happen that could of. Plus this whole Drs. office knows me, as I use to work there (not for them though.) Also I don't even know if I would have a case.
Anyway, I will ONCE AGAIN! be going to the hospital, to bad they wont pay me for this....I have been trying to go back to work at nights!!!!!!

4 comments:

Natasha said...

If I was in that same situation, I would not be taking it to a lawyer. Mistakes happen. That is my vote

goldmania said...

Unless you are having very serious problems or symptoms that will cause damage forever I really would probably let it go. Make sure and tell the Dr. you are extremely dissapointed and tell him your frustration and concern but he doesn't sound like an arrogant Dr. who just said whatever. I probably wouldn't sue unless it was complete negligence and it sounds like an honest mistake. He should have to cover for the mistake if it isn't already paid for though. Sorry to hear about it. It will get better soon.

Tammy said...

I think I would wait and if you get a bill for all these procedures then I might talk to a lawyer. It is just an inconvenience on you right now but if you have any more problems then maybe. I also wouldn't go back to that Dr. There are other more conciencious Dr's practicing. Maybe get a female Dr. they are my favorite.

Just us said...

I say GET A NEW DOC!! People make mistakes but come on do we really want our DOCTORS and DENTIST and SURGEONS making mistakes? I thought that was the reason they make the BIG BUCKS!! LOL Don't sue just don't go back!