Sunday, March 1, 2009

Changing of the seasons..........

SO I really love the changing of the seasons, especially winter to spring. I really look forward to spending time outside and working in the yard (even mine that is really small.) I have even bought a new grill for this year and have used it everyday since we got it up and running!!!
I however am really getting tired of what the changes bring to my child!!! Every year since Brock was born the season changes make him sick!!!! Just Friday I was saying to Mike, Guess what its March and that means Brock will be getting sick this month! Winter to spring are the worst for him. This year is no exception, he once again has croup!!!!

Why does this keep happening? and Why cant the doctors find out why? Just a few questions going through my head!!!

Apparently, he is "allergic" to Utah. So, if it is 'allergies" why wont they give him something? The last time this happened was last September, we thought he was having an asthma attack. So we think, "lets take him in and FINALLY get a diagnosis." So off to the emergency room we go. Only to find out its croup. Needless to say we were there the whole night. They should have admitted him, but didn't, which made his pediatrician really mad!!! I have tried everything that they have told me to try and still nothing has helped! Short of moving I don't know what else to do!!! I keep hoping that he will grow out of this, but still he hasn't. I just know his school is not going to believe me, oh well!! I just hope Kilee doesn't get it. If anyone has any ideas I am open to suggestions!!!!!
However, Vaseline up the nose does not work, we have tried Dimatapp, but he has become "use" to it. We do run a humidifier all day and night, and Benedryl causes him to be up all night and wired all day. Thus, causing him to have muscle aces. Just for those of you who are wondering!!! Oh, and his Dr. refuses to give him Singulair (which I find odd and frustrating, since its the one thing that seemed to help a little.)

No comments: