Thursday, January 22, 2009

Update after the Crazy New Year

OK so it has been so long since I have posted but what can I say. Christmas was actually really good. I have to thank Debbie for that. She was so nice to help us pay for Christmas and then let us pay her back. THANKS DEBBIE. Anyway I ended up having and unexpected 2 weeks off at Christmas. I got a really bad infection on my stomach called MRSA Staph. For those of you that don't know what it is, it is an Antibiotic Resistant Staph infection. It was about the size of a softball. Needless to say I had to be off work since I could barely walk. I started to feel better about the Saturday after Christmas, which was great because we got to spend time with Greg and his family. Poor Debbie was really tired of seeing us, but that's what happens when you have a nicer house (sorry Debbie.) New Years came and went we were at Debbie's house and played a few games with the kids. I ended up falling asleep with Hunter on Debbie's bed, then I moved to the couch.
Now life is somewhat back to normal. I am back to work and trying really hard to keep Kilee from getting sick. I took her to the Dr. on Monday for what I thought was an ear infection. Well as he was listening to her lungs he said they didn't sound good. He did and RSV test on her and that was negative. He then told us because the air quality was so bad to keep her in the house as much as possible. She has another appt. next week so hopefully she will be better and cleared up.
As for the rest of the kids Hunter has finally gotten over a major ear infection, which also turned out to be MRSA. He is wild and crazy as ever. His new love is bowling and GIRLS. It is really kind of funny because he has a girl in his primary class that he "Loves." That's what he says, "hey there is Abby, I loves her. " Every Sunday he says that really loud!!!

Brock has been fine as far as health goes. He has been having a really hard time getting up and going to school. Which is frustrating and I worry a little bit, but his teacher has said that he is right were he is suppose to be learning wise. I just think it crazy that he has to be to the bus stop by 7:25. I mean really the suns not even up yet!!!

Kenzie has been a teenage girl. She has been trying really hard to keep up with her school work, but also have a social life. She has been doing a little babysitting and earning her own money. This has given her some advantages as to what she gets to go do, since my money is really tight. She has been really good at helping me and loves her little sister. She likes the boys to, just not as well. Its easy to love Kilee since all she does is smile at you and is content to let you hold her.

Well I hope this year is as good as the last or better for all of you. For me it just better be better!!!

2 comments:

robi said...

I loved the pictures. They are adorable. I want to see the others and maybe get some copies. We heard on the news about the MRSA epidemic. Hope you don't have any more problems with that.

goldmania said...

Glad you're all feeling somewhat better. Hunter is so cute. I'm glad he likes primary. My kids just love it too. How fun to have sisters to hang and rely on.